RUE • FENNEL
A blend of the liquid extracts of:
* Rue fruiting tops (Ruta graveolens) 19%
• Fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare) 19%
* Eyebright flowering herb (Euphrasia officinalis) 19%
• Goldenseal rhizome & roots (Hydrastis canadensis) 19%
* Mullein leaf & flower (Verbascum olympicum) 19%
Boric Acid, USP (1% w/v)
* Fresh • Dried
Action & Uses: A refreshing tonic for the eyes. Mildly soothing, cleansing and astringent. Indicated in tired eyes, and in burning, inflamed eyes and conjunctiva:allergies, conjunctivitis (“pink-eye”), sty and “bloodshot eyes.” Although not a specific for problems like failing vision, cataracts, glaucoma, or retinal displacement, this compound may nonetheless be indicated as adjunct therapy for enhancing general ocular health.
Dose: Never place undiluted drops directly in the eyes! Place 3 to 15 drops* in an eyecup filled with sterilized water or saline solution and stir well with the extract’s glass dropper. Do a one-minute eyewash with this mixture 1 to 3 times per day. While doing the wash make sure to keep the eye widely opened and rotate the eye in all directions.
* The number of drops that can be tolerated will vary with the individual and their condition. If the wash seems too strong, lower the number of drops until it feels comfortable.
* If eye is very irritated, inflamed, or infected, start with 3 to 5 drops and add more drops only if they can be well tolerated.
Note: Take extreme care not to contaminate the dropper or the mouth of the bottle. Sterilize the eyecup before each use (boil for 5 minutes).
Cautions: Discontinue use of this compound if it creates redness or irritation.
If symptoms of eye irritation, infection or injury are severe or persist for more than a few days, and especially if there is fever, promptly seek qualified healthcare.